Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Fall and the Silhouette Pix Scan

From the time I took the picture of my younger children in a pile of leaves, I knew that I wanted to duplicate that feel in the layout I would eventually make.  I picked the Echo Park A Perfect Autumn collection because I loved the unexpected addition of the light blue. 


I usually don't mind fussy cutting, but the thought of fussy cutting twenty or more leaves was just too much to consider.  I decided it was the perfect time to try my Silhouette Pix Scan which I purchased several months ago, but had never used.  The Pix Scan has an area that is 8 1/2" by 11" so I started with cutting my page down to this size and putting it in the scan area on the sheet making sure to keep the paper inside the registration marks.

 I downloaded the software from the Google Play Store to my Android smart phone.  When you open the application, you get information on taking a picture.  The picture should be taken with the mat flat and in natural or good lighting and without any shadows.
Once the picture is taken in the app, you'll receive a processing message.  I'll admit that I must have taken the picture ten times because I kept getting an error message.  I decided to lift the paper and move it on the mat to see if that would help.  Only then did I realize that there was a clear cover sheet on the mat.  I removed the clear cover, took the picture again, and it worked great.  Once the picture has been processed, you'll have the opportunity to review the trace area and the trace lines which look just like the trace lines you see in Silhouette Design Studio.
Once the trace looked good, I loaded the mat to my Cameo and sent the job to the machine.  The Cameo uses the registration marks to line up the paper cut out the image.  The cuts weren't perfect, but I thought they were really good and I was happy with the time it saved me.
I used Bazzill French Vanilla as my background paper.  I splatted Gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine and Tim Holtz Antiqued Bronze Distress Mica Spray all over the background.  I used my Silhouette again to cut a tree and some additional leaves from a Hobby Lobby Paper Studios gold foiled tree print paper as well as other papers from the A Perfect Autumn collection.  The cut file is the Just Nick Bare Tree.
 I used my ATG add a row of adhesive at a time along the bottom of my page and then added leaves in rows that tapered as they went up to mimic the look of a leaf pile.  I matted my pictures on the same papers to make them cohesive, but left space between them on the final mat so I could add my title between the one large photo.  I added stickers and chipboard from the A Perfect Autumn collection.  I also used matte gold embroidery floss to stitch a swirling line along the left edge of page.  This gives a sense of movement to the leaves and they look like they are falling onto the leaf pile.
I finished up using the roller stamp from on of the Paige Evans collections to add the chevron detail in bronze ink around the page along with another roller stamp to add the date and the words Fun Day.

I really hope you enjoyed this layout and please let me know if you have any questions about the products I used or the Silhouette Pix Scan.






No comments:

Post a Comment