Friday, March 30, 2018

Scraplift Hop with Craft Bunker of Ignorance

I've been a great fan of Irit Landgraf for quite some time.  I watched her YouTube videos for quite a while before becoming aware of her Facebook group, Craft Bunker of Ignorance.  Since joining, I've enjoyed the different posts and discussions that have taken place there.  I've found many other crafters to follow on YouTube and Instagram.

When the opportunity for another blog hop came up and the theme was scraplifting, I just had to jump right in.  Another one of my favorite scrapbookers is Elsie Robinson. I think her pages are so elaborate and whimsical and look like works of art.  I decided that this blog hop was just the encouragement that I needed to try something different and to stretch my abilities.  I must say that I think I did an ok job.

Elsie's Layout

My scrap lift


The original layout uses Pink Paislee Paige Evan's Pick Me Up collection.  My layout is also using Pink Paislee Paige Evans, but I am using the Turn the Page collection.  I started by adding iridescent gel medium to my background with a star stencil. 



I then used Paige's stars wreath which I purchased from the Silhouette Design Studio.  I backed the stars with different pages from the collection.  I adhered the cut file with small foam squares because I love the shadows and dimension I get.  I matted my photo with scraps and placed the bottom of the photo flat while popping up the top of the photo.  This allows you to see my daughter's feet off the floor and reinforce the feeling of flight in line with the title.

I used a punch for two smaller clouds and another cut file for two larger clouds. While I know how to sew, I really don't have the patience to sew on clothing or layouts.  I purchased a poke needle from Hobby Lobby thinking that I would save time and be more willing to sew.  I'm pretty certain it took me just as long as a regular needle would have and it did not give me the precision I hoped for.  I'm still pleased that I gave it a try though and, overall, I think it looks fine.  I added three of the clouds with foam squares for more dimension on the page.

I finished up the layout with stickers, chipboard, diecuts, Thickers, and a charm all from the Turn the Page collection.  The final step was to add iridescent sequins.  Again, I'm really pleased with the overall page and I'm really happy that I tried several new things such as scraplifting, sewing on my pages, and gel medium.




Please check out the Craft Bunker of Ignorance group on Facebook and visit the other wonderful creations.

Alyssa Hurzeler
Janet Fritz
Jennifer Gagne
Lisa Kingston
Orange Gearle
Christy Harriman
Lyne Schnable-Blodgett
Lisa PotsieFighter
Heather King
Laura Rumble

1 comment: