Monday, May 14, 2018

Penguin Park Shaker Heart

I love using YouTube and Instagram for inspiration.  There are lots of times that I see a layout and I think that there may be a technique, color scheme, or idea that I'll try in the future. Every once in a while something will just capture me and I have to use it right away. That was the case with the cut file that I used on my latest layout, Penguin Park.


I saw this cut file in a video created by Kelly Barron (https://youtu.be/EJcjQQqNV38).  As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to use it and that I wanted to put a shaker in the center heart.  I also wanted to participate in the International Scrapbook Day challenges being hosted by Shimelle Laine and Scrapbook Generation which meant incorporating a rainbow in some way.

I downloaded the cut file (https://citrustwistkits.com/collections/digital-files/products/nsd-2018-cut-file-radiant-heart-free-may-2018-designed-by-nathalie-desousa) and used my Silhouette Cameo 3 to cut it on white smooth cardstock. I used the default settings for textured cardstock.

I backed the cut file with a variety of papers from the American Craft Shimelle Box of Crayons collection, one of which is a paper including small rainbows.  I auditioned a lot of papers for my background trying to find the right color without being too busy.  I decided to use Bazzille Glow as my background so that it did not compete with the heart.

I backed the entire heart on white craft foam and cut out the center heart. I didn't want to hunt for my acetate and I knew that I had ephemara packing nearby so I grabbed that and cut a square for my shaker window.


I love that I was able to recycle something that I may have previously thrown away. I filled my shaker with three mixes from Queen & Co. I closed the shaker with a small piece of the same white cardstock that the heart was cut from.

I finished the layout with half an inch of the Make Something paper from the collection. I added cardstock stickers and ephemera also from the collection. I added a few colored hearts from Pinkfresh Studio Mix 2 and Recollection themed stickers. I wrote my journaling at the bottom and included the date.

I love to scrapbook everyday moments. This cut file and collection emphasize the joy my children had in spending time at the park with their father. I love how this layout turned out.

I have a couple more pictures to show two embellishment areas on the page.  Please leave a comment if you have any questions about products or techniques.




1 comment: